The plan that was being published was somewhat confusing (to me, anyway). I think this new plan will be a little less confusing. It is a 52 week plan that starts on Sunday (and any Sunday will do...even the second Sunday of a new year) that will take you all the way through the Bible.
The organization of the plan makes it somewhat unique as well. Each day of the week has a “theme” of sorts that will run throughout the course of the 52 weeks:
- On Sunday, the reading will be from the Epistles (Letters) of the New Testament.
- On Monday, the reading will be from The Law or Torah (Genesis - Deuteronomy).
- On Tuesday, the reading is from the books of history in the Old Testament (Joshua - Esther).
- On Wednesday, the reading is taken from the book of Psalms.
- On Thursday, the reading is from the other books of poetry in the Old Testament (Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon/Songs).
- On Friday, the reading is from the books of prophecy (the first 48 weeks in the Old Testament and the final four weeks in Revelation).
- On Saturday, the reading is from the Gospels (weeks 1-38) and Acts (weeks 39-52).
I do hope you will take advantage of this new resource. Most of the readings should take 15-20 (some may be a little longer or shorter).
If you would like to have a copy of the full plan, just let me or Donna know and we can make you a copy (or visit www.Bible-Reading.com). Every day in the Word!